There’s nothing quite like NZDF life. With the chance to gain unique experiences, work alongside your mates and use skills and equipment you won’t find anywhere else, it’s a tough career to beat. And recent NZDF changes have meant that it’s now even more unbeatable.
While many people leave the New Zealand Defence Force for many different reasons, all are welcome to apply to re-enlist. Whether you want to put the skills you’ve already learnt in the NZDF back to use or want to rejoin in a completely different role, there may be a position open for you – and because we’re always looking for the best and most qualified individuals to fill our roles, your existing skills and expertise will be hard to look past.
Re-enlist in the NZDF today and see what we have to offer!
The Road to Re-Enlistment
Although the process is relatively straight forward, each application is different from the next. For this reason each application is considered on its own merits and any potential offer of service will reflect this. The following factors will be considered to determine the possible rank and seniority that may be offered to you and the training required to get you up to speed:
- Previous rank and seniority
- How long you have been out of the service
- Vacancies in the trade and rank you are applying for
- Employment experience and any qualifications gained since leaving the NZDF
- Whether you are coming back into a similar or different trade or service than previously (it is possible that you may be able to apply for another service in the same trade, or even a new trade).
- If you are applying for a different trade to your previous role, you must meet the minimum educational requirements before you proceed.
Because each application is different, the time frame to get you back into service can also vary. Some applicants can be back in uniform in as little as three weeks, others may take several months. Your recruiter will be able to give you further guidance on this after you have applied.